Avocado Hair Mask Recipe For Shiny Hair

7 Sep

Since I’m so obsessed with the beauty benefits of avocado I’ve decided to start a hair mask recipe section and to kick off the event I want to share an avocado hair mask recipe that will help your hair look shinier and healthier.

Now I have to tell you that it took me a little bit longer to share this recipe with you because my kid ate my first batch.

Yup, I walked away to get something and returned to see that shes’ sticking a spoon full of honey and avocado into a very happy mouth.

She was so cute that I couldn’t say anything and had to wait a little bit longer to get to the market for another avocado.

avocado hair mask recipe

Avocado Hair Mask Recipe For Shiny Hair

• 1/2 ripe avocado mashed
  • 1/4 cup of olive oil
  • 2 tbsp honey
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice

Mix all of the ingredients together well and then apply it to clean hair. I like to twist my hair into a bun and clip it up to keep it out of my way but you can leave it down if you like. After 10-15 minutes rinse the mask out of your hair. That’s it.

I hope that you enjoy making and using this avocado and olive oil hair mask recipe as much as I do.┬áIt’s inexpensive, easy to make and easy to use. How can you go wrong?

Related Articles:

7 Responses to “Avocado Hair Mask Recipe For Shiny Hair”

1. Chelsea September 8, 2016 at 12:51 am #

I think I have everything for this! Definitely need to try!

2. Allison September 8, 2016 at 2:17 am #

That story about your child eating your hair mask s so adorable! I love homemade masks for my face, but I have so much thick hair that trying to rinse out honey or avocado would be awful so I’d end up with a double shampoo and undo all the good it did. Years ago, I did an egg in my hair, but truth be told, I’m better off with commercial formulations for my hair. Nevertheless, I admire you for doing them!

3. MarciaF September 8, 2016 at 3:20 am #

I love that your daughter was eating it. It was worth it to wait. Great idea for a mask.
    MarciaF recently posted..Thumbs up or down for e.l.f. Brush Shampoo?My Profile

4. Cindy (Prime Beauty) September 8, 2016 at 4:06 am #

Can’t wait to try this!

5. CosmetopiaDigest September 8, 2016 at 9:56 pm #

I love avocados and have four of them sitting in my kitchen right now. Sadly, none of them can go on my hair as I need to make a dip for a weekend get-together. Next time!
    CosmetopiaDigest recently posted..Vegan Cuts August 2016 Beauty Box ReviewMy Profile

6. Nidia - Lit From Within September 9, 2016 at 7:49 am #

As much as I love DIY masks, there is something about food-based ones that make me squicky. I do like a little bit of honey in my masks, but that’s about it. I bet your hair was shiny and smelled great, though!

7. Milton Garcia September 12, 2016 at 5:54 am #

I don’t know if I’ll wait to use it on my hair. I’d sure eat it. lol