Benefits Of Honey On Skin That Will Keep You Coming Back

26 Mar

For centuries the benefits of honey have been known to give the skin a beautiful healthy glow. Today, some of the biggest beauty companies  in the world make products that contain honey as an ingredient and promise great results. The fact of the matter is that honey is truly one of the greatest super foods of the world. It nourishes our bodies from the inside out and it’s especially good for the skin. Check out all of the amazing things that it does and find out why you should add it to your beauty routine.

The Benefits Of Honey On Skin

• Honey has natural anti-aging properties because it’s packed with antioxidants that help to protect your skin from free radicals. It’s also known to keep your skin more supple so that you look younger longer.
  • Honey has phenomenal moisturizing properties. It’s able to draw in moisture and retain it s o that your skin always looks nourished and smooth.
  • If you have acne then you’ll be happy to know that one of the benefits of honey is that it has antibacterial properties that help to reduce inflammation, open up your pores and prevent further breakouts.
  • Honey absorbs impurities which means that it works beautifully as a cleanser or exfoliator.
  • When you have a sunburn your skin gets a little dry and itchy.Honey can help heal the burn because it moisturizes the skin and because it helps with the inflammation.
  • Since honey antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, it’s known to help to heal slighter scars.
  • As you can see the benefits of honey on skin are pretty awesome. You can apply it as is and rinse it with lukewarm water when you’re done or you can mix up your own homemade remedy to get the best results. Purchasing beauty products that contain honey is always good too but be sure to find out just how much honey the products really contain. You don’t want to spend a lot of money on something to find out that there’s one drop in the entire bottle.

More Skin Care Tips With Honey:

What’s your favorite way to use honey?

Copyright: / 123RF Stock Photo

18 Responses to “Benefits Of Honey On Skin That Will Keep You Coming Back”

1. Nidia - Lit From Within March 26, 2015 at 12:42 pm #

My absolutely fave way to use honey is in my tea, for sweetness and soothing the throat. It’s natures miracle, for sure!
    Nidia – Lit From Within recently posted..Dead Sea Mud Invigorates Me!My Profile

2. Anastasia March 26, 2015 at 12:45 pm #

I don’t use real honey on my skin, but I have it as an ingredient in lots of my skincare products. It smells so good too! :)

3. Allison March 26, 2015 at 1:58 pm #

I love using honey in DIY masks, and I’m using a slew of products with honey and other bee by-products from Beessential.
    Allison recently posted..Rose Gold Spring Makeup, Nails and AccessoriesMy Profile

4. Carleen March 26, 2015 at 3:12 pm #

Honey is one of those super useful natural items, I love it for beauty and also for cooking.
    Carleen recently posted..My Burlington Spring Trends Shopping HaulMy Profile

5. Chelsea March 26, 2015 at 3:39 pm #

I never knew that honey had anti-aging properties! I guess I need to do some more DIY face masks with it :)
    Chelsea recently posted..Macadamia Professional Weightless Moisture Hair Care | The Beauty CouncilMy Profile

6. Brooke @ Blushing Noir March 26, 2015 at 5:04 pm #

Honey for sunburn?! Def trying that one!
    Brooke @ Blushing Noir recently posted..NARS Dual-Intensity Blush + All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation Review + SwatchesMy Profile

7. Kim March 26, 2015 at 7:19 pm #

This post came just in time. My sister just gave me a bunch of top of the line honey. Now, I can incorporate this into my routine.
    Kim recently posted..RITUALS Hammam Delight Foaming Shower Gel Sensation ReviewMy Profile

8. Renu March 26, 2015 at 9:00 pm #

All very true! I love honey-based face masks and scrubs; they really help during breakout phases.
    Renu recently posted..Honey Mask and Face Finisher giveaway, open internationallyMy Profile

9. Erika March 26, 2015 at 11:44 pm #

Honey is good for skin and for hair. It’s the wonder of nature.
    Erika recently posted..Soft Spring Makeup Hair and Nails | CollabMy Profile

10. Kimberly March 26, 2015 at 11:56 pm #

I have a couple of oil perfumes that have a honey fragrance. I love them! I have used a body wash and lotion that had honey in it, years ago and loved it too.
    Kimberly recently posted..Facial Wipe Wednesday: Sephora’s Express Eye Makeup Remover WipesMy Profile

11. Cindy (Prime Beauty) March 27, 2015 at 3:11 am #

Honey has so many useful applications!
    Cindy (Prime Beauty) recently posted..Refresh Beauty Glove from Vanity Planet!My Profile

12. Lisa Heath March 27, 2015 at 3:42 am #

We have a TON of honey in this house and I will have to try some of these out!

13. Kath TheFabZilla March 27, 2015 at 6:06 am #

I love all things honey-based!
    Kath TheFabZilla recently posted..Fab & Easy Hairstyle | Barrette Bun (Video Tutorial)My Profile

14. Justina March 27, 2015 at 12:05 pm #

My preferred method with honey is to eat it! I love honey!
    Justina recently posted..How I Keep My Hair Healthy with Macadamia Pro HairMy Profile

15. Laura MyNewestAddiction March 27, 2015 at 4:45 pm #

I love including honey in my skincare routine!
    Laura MyNewestAddiction recently posted..IT Cosmetics CC+ Your Way To Radiant SkinMy Profile

16. Honeygirlk March 27, 2015 at 6:19 pm #

I use honey in everything from food to my homemade face scrub… it’s so essential.
    Honeygirlk recently posted..Dear Locks – My Journey To Happy Hair With Macadamia Professional Hair CareMy Profile

17. betzy carmona March 27, 2015 at 11:20 pm #

Those are all great benefits
    betzy carmona recently posted..Beauty Spring Routine 2015My Profile

18. Stephanie Louise (@StephLouiseATB) March 27, 2015 at 11:42 pm #

Love products with honey benefits.
    Stephanie Louise (@StephLouiseATB) recently posted..It Cosmetics CC+ Your Way to Radiant Skin Review & DemoMy Profile