Wedding Day Skin Care Tips For The Bride

23 Feb

Sure getting the right dress, hairstyle and makeup are very important for your wedding day but you won’t look your absolute best if your skin is a mess. Since the amount of stress, weather and perhaps and early period all cause breakouts, hives and other kinds of skin issues that wil make you look less than radiant there are af few wedding day skin care tips for the bride that I want to share with you so that you can get into a good skin care routine before your big day.

Don’t worry. The tips I want to give you are not going to be too time consuming or pricing. I know that you have a lot on your plate right now and every second counts. I just want to share some ideas with you to get you looking your best in the fastest amount of time with the least amount of work possible. You’ll be happy that you took the time to do it.

Wedding Day Skin Care Tips For The Bride

Get A Head Start

You didn’t plan your wedding a week before you got married (or maybe you did and if that’s how you’re doing it then way to go!). But for those of you who are planning a wedding in at least three months, the sooner you start your skin care regiment, the better! That means for instance if you are planning on starting PCA skin treatments, it might be time to get started. You want to give your skin ample time to fix whatever issues it may have and to destress. Take time to learn what works best for your concerns and incorporate the things that are right for you.

Know Your Weather

Weddings happen all year round and each season brings its own problems. It’s important to keep your skin condition for the moment in mind and use products that are specifically made for your skin type. For example, if your skin is oily, use cleansers, moisturizers and toners for oily skin. You wouldn’t want to worsen your acne by using products made for dry skin.

Get A Humidifier

If your skin is on the dry side, the winter months can make it a lot worse. Sleeping with a humidifier in your bedroom is a good way to put some needed moisture into your skin.

Stop Popping

It’s hard to leave pimples alone- especially when they’re staring back at you in the mirror but for the next few months at least stop popping them. If not cared for properly, you can cause damage to your skin that’s bad enough to make you wish that the pimple was there instead. If it’s that bad then see your dermatologist or for a quick fix try dabbing some toothpaste on it.

Go To A Pro

Get the name of a good aestheticism from a friend and schedule a facial or two to help jump start your routine and make your skin really glow. Be sure to go to someone that you trust who can really educate you on how to care properly for your skin not only for your wedding day but every day before and after.

Don’t Do Anything Drastic

Remember that episode of ‘Sex In The City’ when Samantha has to wear that huge black hat to Carrie’s book launch because she got a facial peel the day before. Let that be a lesson to you to not do any peels other treatments for at least one month before your wedding. This is perhaps the most important of all of my wedding day skin care tips because you don’t know how your skin will react and how long it will take to heal from a new treatment.

Drink Lots Of Water

Sounds easy enough but are you doing it? Drinking at least eight glasses of straight water (not coffee, tea, juice or sugared beverages- just water) is essential to getting glowing skin. Water helps to flush all of the bad stuff from your body, delivers nutrients to all of your organs and hydrates your body. Make sure to get enough of it and drink even more after a workout.

Eat Right

Many brides are more careful about what they eat before their big day because they want to look slim in their dress and incredible in their bikinis. Eating fruits, veggies (especially the green ones), lowfat dairy and lean proteins will help improve your skin. Keep away from oily and fatty foods because they can make your skin break out.It may be hard at first but it will get easier after the second week.

More Free Beauty Tips For Brides:

Follow these wedding day skin care tips and you’ll be on your way to having beautiful skin on your big day. Good luck with your skin care and good luck with your big day.

Disclosure- This post contains a sponsored link.
Image: / 123RF Stock Photo

15 Responses to “Wedding Day Skin Care Tips For The Bride”

1. Eugenia February 23, 2015 at 2:29 pm #

Great tips!! I definitely agree with the last two!!
    Eugenia recently posted..Paula’s Choice Skin Balancing Kit ReviewMy Profile

2. Destany February 23, 2015 at 4:22 pm #

Great tips!! Hydration is always a good suggestion.
    Destany recently posted..My February ipsy bag!My Profile

3. Nidia - Lit From Within February 23, 2015 at 4:26 pm #

Also, don’t eat Cheetos on your wedding day because that orange stuff stains!

4. Allison February 23, 2015 at 4:37 pm #

Great tips! Skincare is the most important thing for a bride or for anyone!
    Allison recently posted..Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain and Easy Liner for LipsMy Profile

5. BeautyJudy February 23, 2015 at 5:14 pm #

These are great tips. I didn’t really do anything different with my skin except I got a facial a week before my wedding; about a week and a half later (AFTER my wedding, thankfully!) I broke out in scaly, itchy and raw patches of eczema the week of my Disney honeymoon. I ended up at the dermatologist when I got home and having some of the larger patches frozen off my face! I love the idea of prepping EARLY for your wedding day skin. Not a last minute facial when you have sensitive skin like I do!!

6. Phyrra February 23, 2015 at 6:37 pm #

Great tips! I did my hair and makeup myself for my weddings. I wish I had hired someone, though my hair turned out great.
    Phyrra recently posted..My Experience Treating Rosacea with IPLMy Profile

7. Erika February 24, 2015 at 12:30 am #

This is a very informative article. Too bad I’m not planning a wedding… ;)
    Erika recently posted..Beauty Blog Coalition Weekly RoundupMy Profile

8. Jess Scull February 24, 2015 at 12:34 am #

Fab tips! I also did my own hair and makeup and wish I had gotten it professionally done – Ah well lol
    Jess Scull recently posted..What’s In My Clutch? | Date Night Essentials | #UnderWarriorMy Profile

9. Brooke @ Blushing Noir February 24, 2015 at 1:02 am #

Awesome tips! I had my hair done for both ceremonies but I did my own makeup. I was super tan back then and had better skin… no wrinkles. Thems were the days lol
    Brooke @ Blushing Noir recently posted..MAC Cinderella Collection Swatches, Review + EOTD // Stroke of Midnight Eyeshadow x 6, Happily Ever After Lipglass, Pearl Varnish Studio Eye GlossMy Profile

10. MarciaF February 24, 2015 at 1:59 am #

My sister is a freelance makeup artist and always does a run through with brides. She’ll always give them advice like this about their skin before the wedding and would agree with these tips.

11. Cindy (Prime Beauty) February 24, 2015 at 3:27 am #

such great tips!
    Cindy (Prime Beauty) recently posted..NEW! Vaseline Intensive Care Healing Serums!My Profile

12. Justina February 24, 2015 at 4:38 am #

Awesome tips, and yes lots of water! I got married on the hottest day of the summer 2011.
    Justina recently posted..Spring Break BeautyMy Profile

13. Lisa Heath February 24, 2015 at 5:20 am #

Great tips! I planned my wedding in a month and it was NUTS! Wish I had read something like this to prep me a bit
    Lisa Heath recently posted..SuperChic Lacquer Serendipity Collection Reveal Part 1My Profile

14. Kath TheFabZilla February 24, 2015 at 5:22 am #

Agree, nothing drastic before the big day!!!
    Kath TheFabZilla recently posted..Chantecaille The Glacier Eye Shade Trio and Galactic Lip Shine Aurora :: Review, Swatch, Photos, FOTDMy Profile

15. Honeygirlk February 24, 2015 at 6:02 pm #

Great Tips! I used to tell my brides before when I did more makeup for weddings to make sure to drink water because they would be so busy the last week before the wedding – they would dehydrate their skin and then look old and tired on their wedding day
    Honeygirlk recently posted..February Ipsy Glam Bag – IPSY LOVEMy Profile