2015 Color Trends For The Home

7 Oct

2015_color_trends_for_the_home_sapphire

It’s been ages since I’ve written a decor inspiration post so what better way to get back into it than to tell you about the 2015 color trends for the home.

Sapphire Blue

This jewel tone is bright, bold, soothing and relaxing all at the same time. It’s by far my favorite color trend for the home because it really brightens up the room and makes it so much more inviting.

Teal

If sapphire blue is too bright of a color for you then try a teal. It’s a dazzling color that’s warm and cozy. Perfect for the bedroom.

Pastels

Layering two or three soft pastels together is also one of the hottest 2015 color trends for the home. This look helps to make the room look bigger and more spacious which is perfect for small apartments, dining rooms and living rooms. My favorite combination is cream, dove grey and French blue.

Image: flickr

Orange

From soft peaches to a tangerine, orange is a popular pop accent color for 2015. You can add it to your decor by painting one wall orange to add some energy to the room or maybe accessorize with a couch or throw pillows as an accent piece.

2015_color_trends_for_the_home_orange

Neutral Colors

Camel, maze and soft grays are just some of the neutrals that are popular 2015 color trends for the home. You can keep the soft feeling by using them with the darker counterpart (for example camel with oak) or you can mix it up by adding a pop of color (think soft grey with sapphire blue).

Well, I’m off to do some home shopping. i hope that you’ve been inspired to add some new touches to your home as well.

17 Responses to “2015 Color Trends For The Home”

1. Destany October 7, 2014 at 12:44 pm #

Teal. I’m obsessed with teal :)
    Destany recently posted..Milani Color Statement Nail Lacquer in Enchanted Garnet swatches+reviewMy Profile

2. NORAH October 7, 2014 at 12:57 pm #

I love how color can completely change the feel of a room!
    NORAH recently posted..Tatcha Indigo Soothing Silk Body Butter ReviewMy Profile

3. Leelo R October 7, 2014 at 6:50 pm #

Great inspiatrion post. I just needed ideas how to decorate the place where we live at the moment :D
    Leelo R recently posted..e.l.f. Baked Eyeshadow palette in CaliforniaMy Profile

4. Phyrra October 7, 2014 at 7:27 pm #

I’m always happy with teals. Guess I’m ahead of the curve since I painted my bathroom and living room different shades of teal blue. Going to do my kitchen next :)
    Phyrra recently posted..Sugarpill Lucid TutorialMy Profile

5. Cindy (Prime Beauty) October 7, 2014 at 10:28 pm #

I have my bedroom painted a soothing aqua blue!

6. Miranda October 8, 2014 at 12:36 am #

I like to keep my bedroom colors neutral for a calm effect. We have pops of blue throughout our apartment too.
    Miranda recently posted..What to Expect at a Blow Dry BarMy Profile

7. Nidia October 8, 2014 at 4:06 am #

That blue room is gorgeous. I haven’t used any daring paints in my home.. yet. I know orange is big, and I love orange polish.. but that orange room just feels 1970s to me. The dark wood details that remind me of wood paneling don’t help, though. LOL
    Nidia recently posted..Soft Shimmery Stamped StripesMy Profile

8. Kath TheFabZilla October 8, 2014 at 5:48 am #

Great color inspirations!!!
    Kath TheFabZilla recently posted..Gucci Eye Magnetic Color Shadow Quad (040 Autumn Fire) :: Review, Swatch, FOTDMy Profile

9. Polarbelle October 8, 2014 at 6:01 am #

We just reprinted out walls, (for resale), so just painted th white.
    Polarbelle recently posted..One Direction Midnight Memories Makeup Collection Review AND Autographed 1D Collector’s Set Giveaway!!!My Profile

10. Honeygirlk October 8, 2014 at 6:03 am #

oh my gosh… teal… yes for teal :D
    Honeygirlk recently posted..HALLOWEEN MAKEUP – Honey, Queen of the Forest Nymph Makeup TutorialMy Profile

11. Sheila October 8, 2014 at 1:14 pm #

I love sapphire blue.
    Sheila recently posted..Andre, In Second GradeMy Profile

12. Justina October 8, 2014 at 2:36 pm #

Cool article! I just painted a bunch of my rooms in neutral colors!

13. Kristin October 8, 2014 at 7:21 pm #

Love love that blue! Such a pretty color!

14. Lisa Heath October 9, 2014 at 3:02 am #

I freaking love teal inside the home!

15. Kimmi @ The Plastic Diaries October 9, 2014 at 8:48 am #

Ooooo, I love those blue walls. I’m going through home reno ideas at the moment so perhaps one of those walls will appear in my house.
    Kimmi @ The Plastic Diaries recently posted..Pretty in Pink ….. LipglossMy Profile

16. Kendra October 9, 2014 at 12:12 pm #

I love both of those pictures!
    Kendra recently posted..Jouer Cosmetics EyeshadowsMy Profile

17. Stepanie Louise October 10, 2014 at 1:20 am #

Loving that blue!
    Stepanie Louise recently posted..Zoya Fall 2014 Pixie Dust Trio Swatches & Review of Noir, Arianna, + OswinMy Profile