Homemade Honey Face Mask Recipes

9 Jun

homemade_hone_face_mask_recipes

Honey has been used as a beauty enhancing ingredient for centuries. One of the most esteemed queens of all time, Cleopatra used honey on her face and mixed it with milk in her bath to soothe and soften her skin. Today we are still harnessing the nutrients that it contains to make our skin more taut and more youthful looking. If you want to have better control over what you are putting on your face, if you want a fresher product or if you just want to save some cash you can make your very own homemade honey face masks. Here are a few of my favorites.

Homemade Honey Face Masks

The Basic Honey Face Mask

This homemade honey face mask is one of the easiest to do and is good for all skin types.  Simply put three tablespoons of honey in a thin glass bowl and place the bowl in hot water. Once the honey is warm (not hot, just warm) remove the bowl from the hot water and start to spread the honey onto your face.  After 15 minutes wash off the honey and pat your skin dry with a towel.

Lemon And Honey Face Mask

Not only is this mask refreshing but it’s great for helping with age spots. Get the juice of half of a lemon and mix it with 2 tbsp. of honey. Apply it to your face for 10 to 15 minutes and rinse it off with warm water.

Egg And Honey Face Mask

One of my favorite honey face masks for dry wintery skin is the egg and honey mask. All you have to do to make this one at home is combine and whisk up 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of honey. Put the mixture on your face for 5 to 10 minutes and rinse it off with warm water when you’re done.

Avocado And Honey Face Mask

If you have oily skin this avocado and honey face mask is something that you may want to try. Although I haven’t tried it out myself I have a friend who uses it weekly and swears by it. Mash up half a ripe avocado and then drizzle 1 tablespoon of honey onto it and mix well. Apply the mixture onto your skin and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes before you rinse it off with warm water.  You can eat any leftover avocado for a yummy treat.

Yogurt And Honey Face Mask

Another one of my  go to homemade honey face mask recipes is the yogurt and honey face mask which can be used by people who have sensitive skin as well as dry skin. I tend to use this one when my skin gets dry and it perks it right up. Combine 1 tbsp of lowfat yogurt with 1 tbsp of honey and apply the mixture to your skin for 10 to 15 minutes. If you are having an exceptionally dry month, then add ¼ tsp of olive oil to it before applying it. Wash of the mixture with warm water and pat your skin dry.

These homemade face masks are quick and easy to make in the privacy of your own home. Be sure to take some time to just rest and enjoy yourself when using them. After all, this is your time to take care of yourself.

27 Responses to “Homemade Honey Face Mask Recipes”

1. Leelo R June 9, 2014 at 1:16 pm #

I have tried egg and honey mask from these and I liked it a lot.
    Leelo R recently posted..NOTD: Blue BlingMy Profile

2. Eugenia June 9, 2014 at 1:22 pm #

I always love making a homemade mask!

3. Amber June 9, 2014 at 1:45 pm #

I love DIY beauty!! I love to use raw or manuka honey just on it’s own.
    Amber recently posted..Beauty Blogazons Weekly Round Up 6/9My Profile

4. Allison June 9, 2014 at 3:07 pm #

I used to do the honey and egg mask all the time when I was younger. I’ve been lazy lately and I’ve only been using ready made products. You’ve inspired me to try again!!
    Allison recently posted..Giveaway: Cosmedica Skincare Vitamin C SerumMy Profile

5. Brooke @ Blushing Noir June 9, 2014 at 3:59 pm #

that lemon and honey sounds awesome!
    Brooke @ Blushing Noir recently posted..Makeup Wars – Summer Hair Must-HavesMy Profile

6. NORAH June 9, 2014 at 4:17 pm #

When I was younger and broke, I used to do the honey masks myself.
    NORAH recently posted..Nyakio Hydrating Face Cream With Kola Nut ReviewMy Profile

7. Noelle June 9, 2014 at 4:36 pm #

Ooooh, a yogurt and honey mask sounds so fab right now.
    Noelle recently posted..MAC Alluring Aquatics Collection | The Cheeks – Swatches & ReviewMy Profile

8. Ange June 9, 2014 at 5:33 pm #

I love using egg and honey for my hair too!
    Ange recently posted..The Best Makeup PrimersMy Profile

9. Sheila (Painted Ladies) June 9, 2014 at 6:53 pm #

I love honey masks! These are easy recipes – will definitely try!
    Sheila (Painted Ladies) recently posted..359/365 Days of Makeup IVMy Profile

10. Jamie @ Makeuplifelove June 9, 2014 at 7:06 pm #

Bookmarking this page. OMG i love love love a great DIY mask. This is perfect post!
    Jamie @ Makeuplifelove recently posted..Beauty Bloggers Eye Shadow Loves…My Profile

11. Miranda June 9, 2014 at 7:07 pm #

I love DIY projects !

12. Mai June 9, 2014 at 7:42 pm #

Thanks for the mask recipes!
    Mai recently posted..Five Must Have Eye Brushes for $5.99 or fewer!My Profile

13. Anastasia June 9, 2014 at 8:30 pm #

Great recipes, thank you for sharing! I have to find some time to have a beauty DIY night :)
    Anastasia recently posted..Celebrate Your Goals This Summer With Johnson&Johnson and WalgreensMy Profile

14. Dima Al Mahsiri June 9, 2014 at 8:41 pm #

Hi Aleya,

These are pretty good and very effective face masks. Honey is great for dry skin, it can capture moist and keeps your skin moisturized.
    I like most the yogurt and honey mask which can be used for treating dry skin, exfoliating and moisturizing all at the same time. To get the best results I like to use full fat yogurt since the lactic acid (in yogurt) helps exfoliate while the fat moisturizes my skin.
    Dima Al Mahsiri recently posted..8 Amazing Beauty Benefits of TurmericMy Profile

15. Phyrra June 9, 2014 at 8:58 pm #

Avocado and honey sounds so good
    Phyrra recently posted..Makeup Wars Favorite Summer Hair ProductsMy Profile

16. Kelly R June 9, 2014 at 10:00 pm #

Oh, thanks for sharing these recipes! I am going to have to try them!
    Kelly R recently posted..Sally Hansen ColorFoil Nail Makeup polishes swatches and watermarbleMy Profile

17. Nidia June 9, 2014 at 10:12 pm #

I just got a sample of a honey face mask. Maybe if I like it, I’ll make my own! I just saw a video (I believe it was Michelle Phan) of an aspirin and honey face mask that I’m interested in trying. Natural BHAs FTW!
    Nidia recently posted..Stress Management and a D!ck In A Box! #NailArtForNubsMy Profile

18. Jess Scull June 10, 2014 at 12:01 am #

Love DIY masks! Will have to try some of these

19. Justina June 10, 2014 at 12:27 am #

great recipes! Time for me to get busy in the kitchen!
    Justina recently posted..L’Occitane Au Brésil Day Flower & Night Flower Eau de CologneMy Profile

20. Lisa Heath June 10, 2014 at 1:39 am #

I’ve done the yogurt and honey mask and love it!

21. Kath TheFabZilla June 10, 2014 at 4:55 am #

Great mask alternatives. I have tried honey and egg before, next time I’ll do your yogurt+honey.
    Kath TheFabZilla recently posted..O-O-O-ORANGE :: Lips & Nails Plus Five Ways To Wear It For SummerMy Profile

22. Melody June 10, 2014 at 11:59 am #

I’ve never tried any of these mask. IDK for some reason they make me nervous.

23. Ashley June 10, 2014 at 7:32 pm #

I love honey as a beauty ingredient. I’ll have to try one of these recipes out.
    Ashley recently posted..The 411 on Charlotte TilburyMy Profile

24. Citizens of Beauty June 10, 2014 at 8:22 pm #

can’t wait to give this a try!
    Citizens of Beauty recently posted..POPSUGAR Must Have Box Review [June 2014]My Profile

25. Betzy Carmona June 10, 2014 at 9:50 pm #

It sounds like a great mask
    Betzy Carmona recently posted..Nuance Salma Hayek Hair DemonstrationMy Profile

26. Honeygirlk June 11, 2014 at 12:55 am #

I love making homemade masks.
    Honeygirlk recently posted..Firmoo.com – Glasses and Sunnies for Every StyleMy Profile

27. Kimmi @ The Plastic Diaries June 11, 2014 at 8:24 am #

It’s amazing how many skincare items we have sitting in our kitchen.
    Kimmi @ The Plastic Diaries recently posted..MAC Cosmetics – Kelly & Sharon Osbourne CollectionMy Profile