After a crazy family food fight which ended up with my brother in law mashing a raw onion all over my face I noticed that my skin felt smooth and looked luminous for three days straight. Knowing that the moisturizer that I was currently using was definitely not the reason behind it, I realized that it must have been the onions. I started doing a lot of research and learned a lot about the benefits of eating raw onions for your skin.
Benefits Of Eating Onions For Your Skin
- Onions are jam packed with vitamin A, E and especially C which is known to give the skin a beautiful healthy glow. Vitamin C also helps to lighten skin color.
- When you eat onions you consume a large dose of natural antioxidants which fight off free radicals and harmful UV rays that cause the skin to age faster.
- One of the best benefits of eating onions for the skin is that the juice can help get rid of dark spots and will help to even out your skin tone.
- If you have acne then the benefits of eating raw onions is great for your skin because onions contain anti-inflammatory properties which fight acne causing bacteria so that your skin stays clearer longer.
- To remove impurities from our skin we tend to use cleansers, toners, exfoliates and masks. One of the benefits of eating onions however is that the antioxidants work beautifully to clean out the skin’s impurities so that your skin looks and feels better.
- If you’re into anti-aging then you’ll be happy to learn that onions contain quercetin which is a very strong antioxidant. Quercetain helps to fight off wrinkles and can be found in all of the onions except for the white ones.
Now I have to tell you that I can’t stand the smell of raw onions but the results are what beauty companies try to bottle. So whether or not the smell and taste of raw onions bother you, it’s time to get used to it and make them a part of your diet.