Homemade Lemon Body Scrubs

24 Feb

Lemon Tutorial
PetitPlat – Stephanie Kilgast / Foter / CC BY-NC-ND

One of the things that I always immediately notice about skincare products is the fragrance. If it’s a floral scent then I probably won’t use it too often. However, if it’s a citrus scent I’m going to be all over it. Amongst the sugar and coffee scrubs that decorate my shower you’ll usually find a jar of homemade lemon body scrub.

Homemade Lemon Body Scrubs Recipes

The Original Homemade Lemon Body Scrub

• 3 cups sugar
  • ½ cup olive or almond oil (both have softening properties)
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice

Lemon, Salt and Honey Scrub

• 2 cups coarse salt
  • 1 cup olive oil
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 tsp lemon zest

How To Make A Homemade Lemon Body Scrub

• In a bowl combine all of the ingredients.
  • Add a little bit of oil at a time so that you can control the consistency. You want it to be thick and moist, not stiff or drippy.
  • Pour the mixture into a glass jar or tupperware.

The Benefits Of Lemon For The Skin

• The scent is very energizing and will wake your senses up.
  • Due to the high volume of vitamin C it contains, lemon has whitening properties so that it can help to even out your skin tone and naturally lighten dark spots.
  • Lemon can tighten your pores.
  • It’s a great softening agent

I hope that you enjoy these homemade lemon body scrubs as much as I do.

45 Responses to “Homemade Lemon Body Scrubs”

1. emily February 24, 2014 at 1:02 pm #

I cant wait to try these! I love a good scrub.

2. Nidia February 24, 2014 at 1:05 pm #

I’ve never made a body scrub before, but these sound absolutely delish. I love lemon-scented anything. And lemon-flavored. I’d probably want to eat the sugar scrub…
    Nidia recently posted..Beauty Box 5 Review – That Awkward MomentMy Profile

3. Eugenia February 24, 2014 at 1:10 pm #

I love citrus-y scents in the shower/bath!
    Eugenia recently posted..Radical Skincare Instant Revitalizing Mask ReviewMy Profile

4. Tina @ My Highest Self February 24, 2014 at 1:33 pm #

I really do need to try and make my own scrub. With just a couple of ingredients, it seems easy enough!
    Tina @ My Highest Self recently posted..Beauty Box 5 February 2014 – What’s in the Box?My Profile

5. Anastasia February 24, 2014 at 1:59 pm #

Interesting recipe! I heard a lot about lemon’s ability to gently exfoliate the skin as well as whiten it.
    Anastasia recently posted..LUSH Tender is the Night & Close to You Limited Edition Massage Bars Review, PicturesMy Profile

6. Chasity Boatman February 24, 2014 at 2:43 pm #

You can also use olive oil for a lot of these

7. Rosey February 24, 2014 at 3:06 pm #

Citrus smells make me happy. I think I’d love a lemon body scrub.
    Rosey recently posted..ToyTainer ProductsMy Profile

8. Heisenglossy February 24, 2014 at 3:51 pm #

Sounds yummy!!
    Heisenglossy recently posted..That ‘Time Of The Month’ Escape With U By KotexMy Profile

9. Kungphoo February 24, 2014 at 4:14 pm #

Very cool use of lemons.. I will need to give this a try!

10. Noelle February 24, 2014 at 5:02 pm #

I love scrubs! Thank you!
    Noelle recently posted..Zoya Magical Pixie Collection – Swatches & ReviewMy Profile

11. Dima Al Mahsiri @ Tips for Natural Beauty February 24, 2014 at 5:51 pm #

H Aleya,

I usually make my own body scrub using sugar and olive oil, but I like the idea of adding other ingredients to it, lemon looks a good choice for lightening the skin tune :)

Thanks for sharing !
    Dima Al Mahsiri @ Tips for Natural Beauty recently posted..10 Effective Homemade Shampoo Recipes for Beautiful HairMy Profile

12. Felicia February 24, 2014 at 6:07 pm #

Thanks for the great information! I honestly might try this! I love lemons and anything that is benefical to my skin is a plus in my eyes :)
    Felicia recently posted..Kitchen: Before & AfterMy Profile

13. Destany February 24, 2014 at 7:00 pm #

Great suggestions!
    Destany recently posted..Zoya Magical Pixie Dust gradientMy Profile

14. BeautyJudy February 24, 2014 at 7:18 pm #

These just sound so refreshing! I think I want to try the second one!
    BeautyJudy recently posted..Ruby Wing Sweet Fantasy Spring CollectionMy Profile

15. Miranda February 24, 2014 at 7:22 pm #

I love citrus scents. I might be a little scared for lemon juice to get in any cuts or anything!
    Miranda recently posted..Review & Demo: Rockstar Nails Polish & Nail SprinklesMy Profile

16. Sheila (Painted Ladies) February 24, 2014 at 8:42 pm #

Sounds easy enough! I do love lemon scented anything.
    Sheila (Painted Ladies) recently posted..254/365 Days of Makeup IVMy Profile

17. Heather February 24, 2014 at 8:56 pm #

Someone gave me a sugar scrub as a gift once! I thought it was awesome!
    Heather recently posted..EmbarK12 Prepares Your Child For Kindergarten and BeyondMy Profile

18. Phyrra February 24, 2014 at 10:03 pm #

I love lemon scents in the morning
    Phyrra recently posted..Hottest Hairstyles for Spring 2014My Profile

19. Jess Scull February 24, 2014 at 11:50 pm #

Bookmarked! These sound awesome!

20. Sandra February 25, 2014 at 12:58 am #

Thanks for sharing, I needed this!!! Can’t wait!

21. Laura MyNewestAddiction February 25, 2014 at 1:52 am #

Love citrus scents! What a fabulous DIY!
    Laura MyNewestAddiction recently posted..Make Up For Ever HD Makeup for Spring 2014: Pressed Powder and BlushMy Profile

22. Claudia Krusch February 25, 2014 at 3:53 am #

I’ve never made a scrub, but you inspired me to do it! Nothing is better than homemade!
    Claudia Krusch recently posted..Five Ways To Keep Your Skin Healthy And Happy This WinterMy Profile

23. Lisa Heath February 25, 2014 at 4:27 am #

I’ll be trying this one! Thanks!
    Lisa Heath recently posted..KIND Healthy Grain Bars ReviewMy Profile

24. Michelle F. February 25, 2014 at 4:47 am #

I love DIY beauty stuff. I need to try the avocado one.
    Michelle F. recently posted..Dr. Oz Rapid Weight Loss Plan Part 2: One month and one week down!My Profile

25. Joanna Sormunen February 25, 2014 at 4:54 am #

These are great scrubs! And they are sure to help boost our health also!
    Joanna Sormunen recently posted..Ecuadorian Pumpkin Soup – sopa de zapallo ecuatorianaMy Profile

26. Kath TheFabZilla February 25, 2014 at 5:23 am #

I love some DIY scrubs every once in a while. Can’t wait to try this!
    Kath TheFabZilla recently posted..Cargo Cosmetics Essential Lip Color (Punta Cana, Kyoto): Review, Swatch, FOTDMy Profile

27. Justina February 25, 2014 at 6:36 am #

Great post! I’m always trying to get more into DIY
    Justina recently posted..Favulash GiveawayMy Profile

28. Emy Cooks February 25, 2014 at 6:37 am #

I enjoy trying natural body scrub and love the citrus scent, Will surely try this one:)Thanks
    Emy Cooks recently posted..DIY~~>Nice Donation Box #Compassion #Love #ProjectsMy Profile

29. Kenneth Agudo February 25, 2014 at 6:43 am #

As far as i know vitamin c is really good to skin. Great share and for sure this one is effective.
    Kenneth Agudo recently posted..7 Things to Remember when Writing for BubblewsMy Profile

30. Debi February 25, 2014 at 2:11 pm #

I have been looking for a new sugar scrub recipe lately. I never tried lemon before.
    Debi recently posted..HOT! – 36-Count Scott Extra Soft Double Roll Tissue (4-Pack of 9 Rolls) as low as $12.18 SHIPPED! On Amazon!My Profile

31. Petro Neagu February 25, 2014 at 2:52 pm #

I love lemon scrubs, they make me feel so invigorated. And the avocado one seems very appealing to me.
    Petro Neagu recently posted..How to get rid of cellulite in as little as three weeksMy Profile

32. Ashley February 25, 2014 at 6:40 pm #

I so want to try these scrubs! I love body scrubs and lemon scents are so always so energizing.
    Ashley recently posted..Ipsy Glam Bag – FebruaryMy Profile

33. Brooke @ Blushing Noir February 25, 2014 at 7:10 pm #

These sound yummy!
    Brooke @ Blushing Noir recently posted..February 2014 ipsy Glam Bag Review & SwatchesMy Profile

34. Kristyn February 25, 2014 at 8:52 pm #

love this! i need to make this scrub now!
    Kristyn recently posted..Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Loose Finishing Powder ReviewMy Profile

35. Mama to 5 BLessings February 26, 2014 at 12:45 am #

oh yummy, I bet these smell really good! These would make a nice gift!
    Mama to 5 BLessings recently posted..Happy Anniversary — Almost Wordless Wednesday WITH LINKYMy Profile

36. Cara February 26, 2014 at 3:54 am #

I love body scrubs! I think I’m going to have to make this one!
    Cara recently posted..Tasty Tuesday #50My Profile

37. Kimmi @ The Plastic Diaries February 26, 2014 at 5:07 am #

Yummm, lemons. I can eat them whole, like fruit.
    Kimmi @ The Plastic Diaries recently posted..Swimwear Shopping – Athletic Styles for Curvy GirlsMy Profile

38. betzy carmona February 26, 2014 at 6:58 am #

I’m totally into DIY and will give this a try soon :)
    betzy carmona recently posted..Physicians Formula Super BB Makeup Kit HaulMy Profile

39. Sheila February 26, 2014 at 2:50 pm #

sounds like there’s a lot of good benefits with lemon scrub. i want to try this sometimes. thanks for sharing
    Sheila recently posted..Ranting About Winter’s Wrath & TroublesMy Profile

Trackbacks and Pingbacks

1. Cargo Lip Color, DIY Body Scrubs and More from The Beauty Blog Coalition 3/2/14 | My Highest Self - March 2, 2014

[…] Spontaneous Chick: Check out some homemade lemon body scrubs on Spontaneous Chick and find out why lemons are beneficia… […]

2. Beauty Blog Coalition Weekly Roundup – Week of February 28, 2014 | D.G.S.Beauty - March 2, 2014

3. Beauty Blog Coalition Weekly Round Up 2/28 | - March 2, 2014

4. Never Say Die Beauty - March 2, 2014

5. Beauty Blog Coalition Weekly Roundup - BeautyTidbits | BeautyTidbits - March 2, 2014

[…] Spontaneous Chick: Check out some homemade lemon body scrubs on Spontaneous Chick and find out why lemons are beneficia… […]

6. Blogger Roundup For The Week Of 2/24/14 | Spontaneous Chick - March 3, 2014