Glossybox Welcome to 2014 Sample Box

10 Feb

glossybox_welcome_to_2014

A couple of weeks ago I got my January 2014 Glossybox which is aptly entitles ‘Welcome To 2014’! If you haven’t heard of Glossybox before, it’s a service that you pay for and they send you five beauty products to try out. Some of these beauty products are sample sized and some are the real thing therefore giving you the opportunity to discover some great beauty buys. Here’s what I found in this month’s box.

Vichy- Aqualia Thermal Rich Cream

Company Description- Soothe and strengthen dry skin with Vochy’s Aqualia Thermal Rich Cream. This paraben-free formula melts easily into the skin and locks in moisture for 48-hour lasting hydration. Formulated with mineral-rich Vichy Thermal Water and hyaluronic-acid.

I’m so tempted to try this moisturizer out right now but am insanely behind on my skin care products reviews  skin care reviews. I can tell you however, that based on the one test that I did, it does absorb into the skin quickly and barely has a fragrance. Yes, I’ll definitely have to come back to this one.

Balance Me- Super Toning Body Wash

Company Description- An invigorating tone-enhancing naturally foaming body wash with their signature “super” spa inspired aromatic blend of juniper, bergamot, geranium and lavender essential oils.

If you’re looking for a magical way to get rid of cellulite then head to your nearest plastic surgeon. If you’re looking for a nice body wash that leaves your skin feeling smooth then the Balance Me body wash is a nice choice. It builds into a rich lather and smells heavenly. Too bad about that cellulite issue though- I would love to find something that works so that I can stop irritating my knee in bootcamp.

The Original BeautyBlenders- beautyblenter.pure

Company Description- BeautyBlender.pure is an ergonomically designed colorless sponge applicator that allows you to flawlessly apply your makeup and skincare. It’s designed to be cleaned with its partner BlenderCleanser- making it super eco-friendly. Great for sensitive skin.

I love this tool. It’s easy to use and helps you to blend makeup without any effort. I’ll definitely be making good use of it.

BellaPierre Cosmetics- Mineral Blush

Company Description- This creamy, super sheer all mineral blush creates a soft, radiant glow for fresh faced rosy cheeks. Recommended by make-up artists and dermatologists, it is suitable for all skin types and conditions, from oily skin to dry, mature types and even the most sensitive.

The color that they sent is called Desert Rose. I have naturally pink cheeks so I don’t use blush on a regular basis. However, this color has good pigment and once blended has a nice natural look about it.

Toni&Guy Hair Meet Wardrobe- Casual Sea Salt Texturing Spray

Company Description- This hair spray creates texture and body with light hold- perfect for achieving a lived-in, beach look. Spray evenly from root to tip, on towel-dried or dry hair and work through to create tousled waves with natural movement.

The Toni&Guy Sea Salt Spray adds some major volume and texture to my hair. It’s not as sexy as hair blown out at the actual beach hair but it still looks good. Have to admit though that the summery fragrance is a major tease with this icy cold weather we’re having here.

Not the best box that they ever sent but a good one regardless because I never got to try any of these products. For me, the point of Glossybox is to discover and try new products and since the boxes are inexpensive it doesn’t bother me when I don’t like something. Can’t wait to try that Vichy cream.

Glossybox sends me these amazing boxes to review every month and I love them for it. If you want to get your own box then head to Glossybox.com

23 Responses to “Glossybox Welcome to 2014 Sample Box”

1. Anastasia February 10, 2014 at 1:34 pm #

My skin reacted very poorly to that Vichy moisturizer, a shame because I like the company :(
    Anastasia recently posted..LUSH Santa’s Grotto Gift Set Review and PicturesMy Profile

• Aleya February 10, 2014 at 6:30 pm #

I’ve never tried anything from Vichy before so this will be a first for me.

2. Lisa Chakan February 10, 2014 at 2:02 pm #

Must get one of those beauty blenders. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve said that, but NOW, I’m gonna do it.

Glossybox is on my list of to-do’s, as well. Gonna check em out today.

• Aleya February 10, 2014 at 6:31 pm #

It beats doing it with your fingers.

3. Destany February 10, 2014 at 3:07 pm #

The blush sounds nice :)
    Destany recently posted..Jordana Boy oh Boy swatches+reviewMy Profile

• Aleya February 10, 2014 at 6:32 pm #

Yes, I like how natural it looks.

4. Erika February 10, 2014 at 3:23 pm #

Very nice box. I love, love, love my Beauty Blender. In fact, I just ordered two more so that I don’t have to wash my one, every day. I can be lazy, use a clean one each day and just wash all three every three days. I need to get up to six or seven. Then I can do Beauty Blender laundry once a week… :P
    Erika recently posted..OPI Over and Over A-Gwen: Swatch and ReviewMy Profile

• Aleya February 10, 2014 at 6:32 pm #

Lol I don’t use mine that often so one or two are ok for me.

5. Brooke @ Blushing Noir February 10, 2014 at 4:52 pm #

I love January’s box! I’ve been curious about the Beauty Blender and I’m definitely impressed with it!
    Brooke @ Blushing Noir recently posted..Hourglass LUMINOUS FLUSH Ambient Lighting Blush Swatches & ReviewMy Profile

• Aleya February 10, 2014 at 6:51 pm #

It’s really easy to use.

6. Nidia February 10, 2014 at 5:28 pm #

That cream sounds pretty good! I don’t ever do the sea salt sprays because my hair is already wavy and big! Sounds like an okay box, but I’m not excited by it, either! lol
    Nidia recently posted..Sugar Hearts – #NailArtForNubsMy Profile

• Aleya February 10, 2014 at 6:53 pm #

They’ve had better but I’m much happier with Glossybox than some other companies that I’ve tried.

7. Noelle February 10, 2014 at 6:52 pm #

I need a new Beauty Blender asap! This looks like a fun box!
    Noelle recently posted..Tutorial | Simple Valentine’s Day with Naked Basics PaletteMy Profile

8. Phyrra February 10, 2014 at 8:01 pm #

The BellaPierre blush sounds nice.
    Phyrra recently posted..Sugarpill Chartreuse and Blue TutorialMy Profile

9. Lisa Heath February 10, 2014 at 8:58 pm #

Seems like a GREAT box! Love my Beauty Blender especially!

10. Nicki February 11, 2014 at 12:53 am #

I’ve gotten a Glossybox once, as a gift. I haven’t given it much thought since I started subscribing to Birchbox, but after reading this post, I think I am going to give Glossybox a go again. The brands seem recognizable and the products look intriguing. Thanks for a great post and review!
    Nicki recently posted..Is Retinol About to be Banned in Skin Care?: 3 Reasons for My ConclusionMy Profile

11. Justina February 11, 2014 at 12:57 am #

I’ve been wanting to subscribe. I need to just bite the bullet!
    Justina recently posted..Makeup & Beauty Storage for Small SpacesMy Profile

12. Betzy Carmona February 11, 2014 at 1:36 am #

I’ve never tried glossybox but it looks like a good month
    Betzy Carmona recently posted..X-Mas Gift From WindaMy Profile

13. Kath TheFabZilla February 11, 2014 at 5:30 am #

I’m always intrigued w/ sea salt spray. I guess living few minutes away from the beach makes it a valid excuse to skip, haha!
    Kath TheFabZilla recently posted..Tom Ford Spring 2014 Lip Color Sheer 06 Firecracker: Review, Swatch, FOTDMy Profile

14. MIranda February 11, 2014 at 6:00 am #

I enjoy bellapierre eyeshadows so I’d be interesting in trying their blush!
    MIranda recently posted..Romantic Valentine’s Day Makeup TutorialMy Profile

15. Citizens of Beauty February 11, 2014 at 7:15 am #

I actually think that this is a pretty good box!

16. Chrissy February 11, 2014 at 6:02 pm #

that’s an amazing box, i want to try all those products
    Chrissy recently posted..Topshop Liquid Eyeliner – Black CabMy Profile

17. Farryn February 12, 2014 at 1:29 am #

Oh you got some great things in there!
    Farryn recently posted..Alexami – Hydrabotanique Skincare Regime ReviewMy Profile