The drop in temperature and the whistling of the wind are letting us know that we’re in for a cold winter. Although we tend to bundle up around this time of year, we still have to look our best so that we can feel good about ourselves. Here are the latest beauty trends to help you looking and feeling your best this winter.
Sexy Red Lips- Chances are that over the last few years you’ve stocked up on some beautiful red colored lipsticks and it’s a good thing too because these colors are still strong. While a simple red color is sexy and great for a night out, the wine colored lipsticks are sophisticated and can go from day to night. Of course if you’re comfortable with it, wearing a bold red to work makes for a great look as well. Regardless of whether you’ve opted for a matte look or a shinier one you’re sure to find a red that looks good on your skin tone.
Accentuate The Eyes- There’s so much to say about the eyes this season that I had to break it down.
- Luscious Lashes- Thick, long lashes are a must regardless of the occasion.
- Thick Liner- Black cat eyes, metallic liner and colored liners will help bring out your eyes.
- Smokey Eyes- One of my favorite ways to bring attention to your eyes is to do a smokey eye look. Don’t be afraid to play with different color stories to accomplish new looks.
- Pretty Shadow Colors- Lilac, peach, gold and midnight blue are colors that look good on most people. However you can take these colors a step further by adding some sparkle to your lids.
- Diamond Detailing- Although it’s nice to look at adding diamonds to your lids is not for everyone. If you do want to give it a try though Chanel is a frontrunner with this look.
A Touch Of Blush- If the cold air isn’t cool enough to give your cheeks some color be sure to apply a touch of blush.
Natural Looking Makeup- Feeling like taking it easy? The natural look is a great way to look good and to save a little time. To achieve this look just reach for your concealer, mascara and nude colored lipstick. A few minutes and a couple of dabs and you’re ready to go.
Beautiful Skin- It’s hard to maintain great skin when there are so many drying elements surrounding you but it’s important to keep your skin healthy during the winter. Check out one of my older posts on How To Get Glowing Skin for some great tips on how to accomplish this.
This season is all about getting creative and bringing out the best of your features so go ahead and play with your makeup to find some new and exciting winter looks.