I’ve recently been introduced to an Italian company called Perlier and thanks to iFabbo I had the opportunity to try out their Volcanic Thermal Spa Thermo Renewing Scrub.
Description- ‘Because you can’t get to a spa every day, this scrub is sure to become your “BBF” (best beauty friend)!
- Complex of key ingredients contains water from the hot spring concession located in the municipality of Abana Terme (Padua)
- Helps optimize skin’s elasticity for a more youthful appearance
- Helps combat visible signs of aging such as the appearance of dull-looking skin
- Formulated with key ingredients that are rich in mineral salts
- Contains minerals of different particle size for dual rejuvenating and smoothing beauty action
- Finer powders smooth skin and rough areas’
Perlier Volcanic Thermal Spa Thermo Renewing Scrub Review
The Perlier Volcanic Thermal Spa Scrub has a gel like feel to it. Normally, a turquoise beauty product that felt jelly like would have me running for the hills but the description kept me going. As I applied it to my skin I found that the consistency was actually pretty smooth and made it very easy to maneuver around the skin which is important for a scrub. In fact the gel is very helpful because you don’t have to add water to it before using it like so many other scrubs.
One of the things that I worry about with scrubs is residue. I hate going through all that trouble of scooping, polishing and rinsing to be left with residue. The Perlier Volcanic Scrub washed away easily and left only good results behind. The secret to their success is that they use different sized volcanic particles that work beautifully to gently and effectively remove dead skin cells. You’re really out with the dull, tired look and in with the glowing, healthy looking skin that’s as smooth as a baby’s bottom. You can be sure to check off that spa part of their description!
I’m big on fragrance in the sense that I’m super picky and prefer a clean scent to one that is overpowering or floral. The Perlier scrub has a clean scent that washes away with the particles.
I always love checking out the ingredients in beauty products so here are a few that stood out to me:
- Sodium Polyacrylate- Absorbs a lot of water
- Silica- Helps to smoothen the product as well as to reduce oils.
- Olivine Extract- Increases cellular energy levels to fight stress
- Imidazolidinyl Urea- A preservative
There are a few more ingredients in there but these stood out the most to me mainly because they’re found in the earth.
The scrub is reasonably priced – $25 plus shipping for a 6.7oz jar. Considering how little you have to use to see results (smaller than a silver dollar size), it will take you a few months to finish it. Perlier also offers a honey body tightening scrub. Based on how much I love this volcanic scrub the honey one is officially on my wish list. As for the volcanic scrub, I’m a huge fan and you can purchase it on HSN.