Just in time for spring, Jane Iredale has launched a new line of glosses called PureGloss which they sent me to review. According to their site, the inspiration to create this new line of glosses is simply “to create the best lip gloss imaginable: one that is glossy but not sticky; creamy but not too heavy; fruity but not sugary sweet”. Sounds good to me.
Jane Iredale PureGloss Review
I’ve tried other Jane Iredale lip glosses before so the first big difference that I noticed was the packaging. Rather than the usual cylindrical tube, these glosses are encases in an almost flat tube. It’s still easy to hold, but now it can fit into your purse or your pocket more easily than ever. I also noticed that they changed the shape of the wand. Not only is the wand longer but the tip is shaped in a way that it’s much easier to apply the gloss without messing up. It’s so easy to use that I often don’t even use a mirror when I’m reapplying.
The PureGloss has a light sweet fragrance that lasts a few seconds at most. Once applied, it feels very moisturizing which is great because the cold from this past winter really dried up my pout. It’s my first time using a lip product that is made with moringa butter and avocado oil and I’m definitely a fan now because my lips have never felt better. What’s missing (thankfully) is the stickiness that many glosses have. Really, I can’t imagine a worse attribute to a gloss than stickiness because who wants their lips to keep clamming up as they try to speak?
The Jane Iredale PureGloss is available in 18 different shades and the ones that they sent me are Snow Berry, Beach Plum and Red Currant.
- Snow Berry- A sheer iridescent color that has a pink sheen. It’s very pretty on its own but can also be used to liven up a neutral color.
- Beach Plum- Something between a soft pink and a coral, this one is my favorite color for the summer. It has more pigment than the other two glosses that they sent me and isn’t quite as sheer.
- Red Currant- A beautiful sheer red that brings out the natural color of the lips and makes them appear to be a touch fuller.
The Jane Iredale PureGloss retails for $24.00 which is a bit pricey, but well worth it when you consider that it truly does deliver great color and comfort. I can’t wait to try out the mascaras that they sent me.
More Beauty Product Reviews Featuring Jane Iredale:
- Jane Iredale Summer Essentials
- Jane Iredale Starter Kit
- Jane Iredale PurePressed Eye Shadow In Golden Girl Review
- Jane Iredale Golden Shimmer Review
- Jane Iredale Eye Shere Liquid Eye Shadow
- Jane Iredale Puremoist Lipstick Gets A New Look
- Jane Iredale Lip Gloss
- Jane Iredale Review
Note- Jane Iredale sent me these products to try, however the opinion stated here is my own and my review is not biased in any way.