Smashbox Cream Shadow

11 Jul

I was given the opportunity to try out a cream shadow called 15 Hour Wear by Smashbox. The color that I was sent is called Neptune which is a beautiful shimmery teal color with flecks of silver running through it. This isn’t a color that I would normally wear because I prefer neutral colors, but I won’t argue that if I see it on someone else I would probably think that it’s very pretty.

The Smashbox cream shadow is easy to apply and goes on smoothly. My only recommendation is that you either use a concealer brush or a good blending brush because the formula is pretty thick. Using your finger to apply it is also a good idea because it’s a little easier to do than using a brush. Actually using your finger may actually be better for a beginner.

I like to apply two layers because I feel that one is too transparent and doesn’t have the pow factor that two layers has. Hey, if you’re going to wear a vibrant teal color you should make the most of it so that your eyes really standout and shine. Check out these swatches to see what I mean.

The 15 hour wear Smashbox cream shadow is marketed as a shadow that will last for 15 hours. Is it true? Yes it is- but only as long as you don’t rub your eyes out. Common sense? Of course it is, but it’s been a particularly bad allergy season this year and it’s been awfully hard for me to keep my nails out of my eyes.

The shadow is $19.00 and is available in eight highly pigmented colors:

• Riches- Rich Gold
  • Topaz- Soft Golden Beige
  • Gemstone- Soft Iridescent Grey Mauve
  • Icon- Bronze
  • Stone- Deep Olive Grey
  • Neptune- Shimmering Teal
  • Iris- Deep Purple
  • Sapphire- Deep Blue

Have you tried the Smashbox cream shadow yet? What are your thoughts on it?

10 Responses to “Smashbox Cream Shadow”

1. Quinn Ryan Smith July 11, 2012 at 4:27 pm #

I have stone and sapphire and I love them! I like to use sapphire as a liner sometimes too! neptune is so pretty; I may have to pick that one up too!
    Quinn Ryan Smith recently posted..LAVANILA’s Limited Edition Vanilla Summer-Healthy Smells HeavenlyMy Profile

2. Connie July 11, 2012 at 7:17 pm #

I have used alot of Smashbox but haven’t tried their cream shadows. If its like their others products, it will be great!
    Connie recently posted..Golden Rose Paris #108My Profile

• Aleya July 11, 2012 at 7:21 pm #

They do make great products- especially their eye primers.

3. Maria July 11, 2012 at 8:26 pm #

Use to love Smashbox before they decided to test on animals by selling in China, ugh!
    XOXO
    Maria recently posted..Great Gatsby! The Roaring Twenties TrendMy Profile

• Aleya July 11, 2012 at 8:55 pm #

I got the product before they did that.

4. MarciaF (beauty info zone) July 12, 2012 at 1:27 am #

I bought three and I’m not thrilled with them. The navy is too dark and hard to spread. The light shades are too sparkly and I end up with glitter on my face. I’m sad since the colors are gorgeous.
    MarciaF (beauty info zone) recently posted..Sun Protection PSAMy Profile

• Aleya July 12, 2012 at 4:45 pm #

Bummer! I don’t mind shine but I do prefer neutrals.

5. Maria July 13, 2012 at 9:21 pm #

Happy weekend! XOXO
    Maria recently posted..Brooklyn Named #1 Hottest American City Of The FutureMy Profile

6. Phyrra July 15, 2012 at 7:52 pm #

It’s such a beautiful color.
    Phyrra recently posted..Let’s Talk Beauty Event RecapMy Profile

• Aleya July 15, 2012 at 8:00 pm #

Thanks Phyrra! I’ve seen similar colors on you and always like how it looks.