As children we’re told that the health benefits of aloe were limited to healing cuts and scrapes. However, as adults we are now learning that there are many benefits of drinking aloe, including ones that help our vital organs, those that are for beauty purposes and ones that help our immune system. It is for this reason that many people have made drinking this green cactus a part of their daily diet. Not only are the juices sold at supermarkets and specialty stores, but stores such as Costco sell them by the case. While the list is actually very long, here are fifteen benefits of drinking aloe vera that may entice you to become a believer.
- Many of the health benefits of aloe stem from the fact that it’s packed with vitamins and minerals including A, several forms of B, C, E, folic acid, essential fatty acids, calcium and iron.
- Dinking aloe vera juice helps to make your immune system stronger.
- One of the greatest benefits of drinking aloe is that it reduces inflammation and strengthens the joints. This is especially helpful to people whose limbs are swollen because of medical reasons or old age because it takes the swelling down or gets rid of it.
- Drinking aloe juice helps to reduce your blood sugar level which is exceptionally helpful to those people who suffer from diabetes.
- If you are constipated, drinking aloe juice will help to alleviate the problem.
- It helps to lower high cholesterol.
- It helps to soothe acid reflux which is often caused by unhealthy eating habits.
- It helps to improve your digestion so that your body takes in more vitamins and minerals and has an easier time getting rid of the unwanted waste in your system.
- Drinking aloe juice benefits your body because it gives you more energy so that you can be more active. Unlike sugary drinks, it’s low in calories so that you can concentrate on killing calories from the other foods that you enjoy eating during the day.
- You’ll have an easier time losing weight when you add aloe juice to your diet because it speeds up your metabolism so that your body digests the food faster and you burn more calories.
- Another one of the benefits of drinking aloe vera juice is that it’s packed with free radical fighting anti-oxidants so that time is slowed down a little and the wrinkles stay away longer.
- It hydrates your skin so that it is nourished and healthier.
- Like mama said, one of the benefits of aloe is that it helps to heal burns, cuts and scrapes.
- It works as an anti-aging agent.
- Finally, drinking aloe juice benefits those people who suffer from ulcers or heartburn because it reduces or even extinguishes the problem.
Personally, I feel that aloe juice tastes horrible. However, knowing the health benefits of aloe makes it a drink worth having regardless of the taste.