When Hair Products Pro offered to send me a Karmin Flat Iron to review I did a bit of research before accepting their offer. The reason that I hesitated was because I’ve tried out a few other flat irons in the past and found that I wasn’t completely happy with them. They were too heavy, burnt my hair or simply didn’t give me the results that I wanted. However, when I read some squidoo reviews that said that Karmin flat irons are the best hair straighteners I had to give it a try.
Now here’s some background information that you may need about my hair. It’s something between curly, wavy and frizzy depending on the season and weather. On a regular day my hair looks ok but the crazy New York weather often makes me look like I’ve stuck my finger in a socket and left it in there for a while. Needless to say that I use a lot of product to keep my locks looking managed. I also love to straighten my hair because it cuts down on my prep time in the morning and because I simply feel more attractive with straight hair. I would straighten my strands more than once a week but to be honest I’m lazy. Yes, I said lazy. Standing around with a blow dryer and a flat iron for an hour or so isn’t fun for me and if you really think about it I’m sure that you’ll agree that there are other things that you can do with that hour as well.
Before I go into an all-out review about the Karmin flat iron, here is some product information.
The Karmin Envy Professional titanium hair straightener takes the features & benefits of ceramic heat and ionic technology, and combines them with Titanium for the ultimate hair straightening iron.
- Ultra hard, mirror smooth titanium plate surfaces
- Negative Ions and Infrared Heat (removes static) for Silky Shiny Hair.
- Ion field technology (seals in natural oils)
- Micro-porous technology (locks in moisture)
- Won’t damage hair like other straighteners.
- Automatic sleep mode – Auto shut off after 1 hour.
- Unparalleled Infrared heat for deep, long lasting straightness.
- Micro Chip Temperature Control Infrared Heat, Flash Quick Heating.
- Variable temperature settings for all hair types. From 80°C (176°F) to 240°C (460°F).
- Tangle-free 3 meter, 360 degree swivel cord.
- Worldwide Voltage 100-240V – Works in all countries
- Drop Safe Technology
- Floating Plates so you can style you can straighten, curl, flip and style your hair
- 3 Year Warranty
The Karmin flat iron is absolutely amazing. It’s a lightweight iron so your hand doesn’t feel weighed down after a few minutes. This is especially important when you’re working on the back of your head and your arms are up in the air for an extended period of time. You can change the temperature by quickly turning a dial so that you are in control of the amount of heat that you are applying directly to your hair. I have a lot of hair and it’s pretty thick so I went for the higher settings. Not only didn’t my strand fry but they came out looking silky smooth and shiny. It is possibly to iron large chunks of your hair at once and get somewhat decent results however if you want to look like you’ve just walked out of a salon, it would be better if you took the extra time and iron small amounts at a time. It took a total of fifteen minutes for me to get my hair straight. Not bad at all.
After using the Karmin flat iron for a month I recommend using it and am looking forward to trying out other Karmin hair tools in the future.