The color trends for spring 2012 include pretty much every color in the rainbow. Something else that you’re sure to see is the return of neon clothing for women. Unlike the 80s where it was ok to look like you stuck your finger in an outlet, today’s neon is a lot more tasteful and can be worn by women of all ages. Not sure how to go about it without looking ridiculous? Here are some tips on how to wear neon clothes that will help get you on your way.
- Start by deciding how bold you want to go. Wearing neon will bring a lot of attention your way so if you’re shy start incorporating these colors slowly. The easiest way to do this is to wear bright accessories such as shoes, bags and belts and building from there.
- Color blocking is one of the easiest ways to wear neon and look sensational in it. While many women may not feel comfortable wearing a shirt, pants, bag and shoes that are all neon, it’s pretty safe to say that most will be comfortable in a bright dress, nude legs and bold shoes.
- Wearing black or white with neon colors can change your look drastically. While black will make the color pop, white will tone it down a little.
- Skip the 80s inspired baggy sweaters that hung off of your shoulders because they will add a few pounds to you. Instead, go for more fitted clothes such as a tight dress, leggings or t-shirt.
- Keep in mind that because neon colors are such eye grabbers that people will have no choice but to make direct eye contact with whatever part of your body this color is on. The best way to handle this is to make sure that the clothes that you’re trying on are flattering when you’re trying them on for the first time. If they make your ‘not so perfect’ areas even less appealing then it would be a good idea to try on another outfit.
- Just like any basic color that may or may not look good with your skin tone, neon can also have this effect. Be sure that the color(s) that you choose don’t make your skin appear to be unhealthy or washed out by trying on the garments first.
Wearing neon clothes should be fun and energetic so go ahead and try it out when you’re ready.
Hey there. Thanks for stopping over. Please feel free to leave a comment and check out our other fashion tips for women.