The Ferrum Iron Concept. The concept behind the Ferrum iron is to make hair look smooth and sleek. Most flat irons do exactly what the name says: They make your hair flat! Just because women want to tame their frizzies or make curly hair straight does not mean they want hair that is limp and lacking fullness. What’s more, many who already have straight hair want the option of curls or soft waves. Traditional flat irons can’t do that. Some women find themselves going through a three step process of drying their hair with a traditional blower, using a flat iron to straighten and then a curling iron to achieve body. Who has that kind of time to spend on their hair? The inventors behind the Ferrum iron understand these hair woes and provide a state-of-the art styling tool that delivers PHAT hair.
What Makes The Ferrum Iron Different? The answer lies in the technology of the VSS System which is a combination of a non-heated padded fabric element and a tourmaline coated ceramic plate. The real distinction of this tool is the fabric padded side. The fabric is a combination of lightweight, anti-static polymers that allows the hair to “breathe” while straightening. In combination with the pad, the styling result most closely resembles blow-drying; which tends to give hair exponentially more volume than flat-ironing. Since the fabric padded side is non-heated, the Ferrum styler doesn’t burn all the moisture out of the root of the hair giving it a much more vibrant, “bouncy” look. A flatiron will fry and dry out your hair between two solid hot plates. The Ferrum styler will allow your hair to rest on glide on a soft surface, allowing hair to breathe and retain more of its natural moisture, shine and volume.Think of a flatiron as “frying” and drying out your hair between two solid hot plates. Allowing your hair to breathe and rest on a softer surface allows for a much healthier styling experience.
Although Ferrum is not to be used to make wet hair dry, once hair is dry the tool can be used to achieve a pin straight look without losing volume. It can also curl the hair or give it gentle waves. For those who want or need to use a heated styling tool daily, the best news is that the Ferrum will not break the hair.
Each Ferrum is designed with:
Tourmaline coated ceramic plate
Heats up to 450 degrees
Retail Price: $160.00
To Maximize Ferrum’s results hair stylist and inventor Barbara Abbasi has some styling tips:
- Make sure your hair is completely dry. Two things change the composition of hair- heat and moisture. If your hair is wet it will be much less manageable.
- Always start straightening with the pad facing out (i.e. the pad should be “under” your hair)
- Begin styling from the root. The benefit of our product is that you can get very close to the root without burning your scalp.
- When styling use a slow and steady motion from root to tip
- Volume can be controlled with the angle at which you style. For increased volume turn rotate your hand so your wrist is closer to your head.
- If you want a sleeker, less voluminous look, finish by doing an extra stroke with the pad facing inwards.
- The Ferrum styler is composed of unique materials. Allow ample time for the styler to heat up. The results will be worth it.
Protect Your Style With The Ferrum Iron
- To keep your hair styled perfectly for the whole day or night, use a lightweight finishing spray to keep your hair in place.
- Take good care of your flat iron! It’s a great piece of equipment and not exactly cheap to replace, so simply storing it in a heat proof pouch – or using one for safe travel – will help you protect your iron and keep using it for a long, long time. You can also set your iron down on this heat proof surface during styling to protect counters from possible heat damage.
- Clean your flat iron from time to time – frequently if you use leave in conditioners or heat serums, every week or so if not. Build-up on the plates can cause your hair to snag and shorten the life of the plates themselves. Heat your iron and then wipe it down with a non-abrasive cloth – use a flat iron cleaner if you use leave-in treatments frequently, but avoid chemical solvents not meant for cleaning your iron.
Now for the Ferrum iron giveaway:
One lucky winner will get their very own Ferrum iron simply by adding their email address to the email subscriptions box on the upper right hand side of the page. Once you’ve done that, shoot me an email at email@example.com and send me your mailing information. Neither your email info nor your address will be shared with anyone (except for the manufacturer and that only happens if you win).
Sorry ladies, but this one is for US residents only.
The giveaway will end on September 30th. Good luck!