The post Shaving Tips For Women is inspired by the fact that so many women don’t know how to shave their legs properly today. I know a 14 year old girl whose mother always waxed and never shaved so her advice to her daughter was to dry shave with a disposable razor. It boggles my mind that she didn’t consider the possibilities of sdamage that dry shaving can do to the skin. So without any further discussion let’s go over how to shave your legs.
The best way to shave your legs begins with having the right shaving supplies.
- A good razor such as the Venus. You will pay more for good razor than you would for a disposable one, but as the saying goes ‘you get what you pay for’. A good razor is more likely to glide smoothly and less likely to damage your skin.
- Shaving gel because it will help the gliding process.
- I also suggest that you go online and get some for Menaji Aftershave Hydrator for an extra dose of nourishment.
Before you start shaving your legs make sure that you have enough time to shave properly so that you don’t rush through the process and get all sorts of cuts.
- Get into a warm bath and wait a few minutes before you start the shaving process. The point of this is to soften the hairs so that they will get cut more easily by the razor.
- Once you’re thoroughly wet, sit on the ledge of the tub or hold your foot up against the wall so that you have better reachability. I don’t recommend shaving in the sink because it’s hard to balance with one leg up over your waist area and because you will not be able to get your hairs wet enough for them to soften properly.
- Apply the shaving gel to one leg and spread it around so that it turns into a foam and covers your entire knee area down. Using soap is not a good idea because it dries up your skin and doesn’t give the razor the same platform to glide on so you have more of a chance to cut yourself.
- Gently put the razor down on your skin and begin to glide the razor over your leg. Do not put a lot of pressure on the razor because you’re more likely to get nicks and cuts that way. You should however be sure to shave in the direction that your hair grows so that you get a cleaner shave.
- After every stroke rinse off the shaving gel from the razor so that you have a clean wet razor to shave with.
- Keep up this process until you have covered the entire first leg and then repeat it for the second leg. If you need to shave your thighs you can use the same technique.
- Once you’re done shaving, it’s important to pat your legs dry and not rub them dry with a towel. You’ve just run a razor over your legs and the rubbing sensation may cause skin irritation.
Now that you have a clean shave it’s time to add some moisturizer to your skin because damp skin soaks up more hydration than dry skin. Although the Menaji Aftershave Hydrator is meant for men, I use absolutely love it for my own skin. This moisturizing after shave is made with a lot of natural ingredients such as Aloe Vera, Vitamin E and Green Tea so that it adds a major boost of moisture to my skin and giving it a nice glow. It’s also infused with the energizing essence of grapefruit which is one of the best natural products to maintain moisture. My husband isn’t too happy about sharing but isn’t sharing what marriage is about?
I hope that these shaving tips for women help you get the best possible shave. Good luck!