You are what you eat and what you eat affects every aspect of your life and health. Even your skin is affected by the types of food that you eat and we often see this after eating a few too many chocolates or potato chips and break out the day after. But sometimes, even healthy foods have a bad effect on our skin. All this makes us ask what foods are good for your skin and so here is a list of the best foods for your skin.
- Salmon- Fatty fish such as salmon contain Omega-3 which helps to keep the skin moisturized and helps to reduce inflammation throughout the body. The reduction of inflammation helps to fight against sagging skin and puffy eyes and so we get to look a little younger for a little while longer.
- Low Fat Yogurt- A major source of vitamin A which helps with the turnover of skin cells so that you will always have beautiful skin.
- Apricots- As well as being tasty, apricots contain antioxidants that give your skin a beautiful glow.
- Carrots- Not only are they good for your eyes, but they act as anti-aging agents and give your skin a beautiful glow.
- Blueberries- A great source of antioxidants, blueberries are considered to be one of the best foods for the skin because they fight the radicals that damage skin cells. When your skin cells are healthy, your skin looks younger and more vibrant.
- Grapes- This juicy fruit helps to keep the skin from sagging by improving the skin’s elasticity.
- Almonds- A delicious and filling food to eat for healthy skin, almonds are rich in vitamin E which help to keep the skin smooth, soft and toned while reducing inflammation.
- Green Tea- Considered to be one of the best foods for skin, green tea helps to protect your skin and reverse damage done by UV light and even sunburns therefore reducing the chances of getting skin cancer.
- Water- Not just good for your skin, but for your entire body as a whole. Water moves toxins out of your body, brings in nutrients and also keeps you hydrated. You should drink at least eight cups of water a day and even more if you’re sweating it out during the summer months. Soda, coffee, tea and juice are not considered to be water so if you need to add some flavor to your water try a splash of lemon which is also a good food for healthy skin.
You will find that there are many good foods for healthy skin and the ones that are listed here are just a few of what you can eat to look your best. So go out, get shopping and buy some delicious, fresh, healthy foods to nourish your body and skin.