Before I got married, the only form of makeup that I wore was lip gloss. I had no need for concealer, didn’t care about eye makeup and since my cheeks were already pink, stayed away from blush. However, as I got older, I found that I looked tired and worn out so one of the things that I started to do was to wear eye makeup – especially mascara. Being new to mascara, I thought that they were all the same. After all, it’s just some black stuff that you put on your lashes that made them look longer and fatter. After purchasing and tossing out countless tubes of mascara I found that I couldn’t have been more wrong. There are all types of mascaras and they all aim to elongate and fatten your lashes, but only some do both and fewer do it well. So in order to save you some time and money, here is my review of which mascara brands I’ve used and had good results with and which ones I consider to be the best mascaras out there today.
- Lancome Definicils blew me away! This mascara gets my vote for best lengthening mascara as well as best thickening mascara! It glided on smoothly, didn’t smudge and it lasted.
- L’Oreal Voluminous Full Definition Mascara gets my vote for the best drugstrore mascara because it makes my eyelashes look longer and thicker, lasts through the day and night and it doesn’t smudge.
- Diorshow Waterproof Mascara has staying power and I can tell you this because I’ve worn it in the steam room at the gym and it didn’t run.
- Maybelline Full ‘N Soft gives great length and is such a great thickening mascara that people think that I’m wearing fakes.
- Maybelline Dramatic Look Volume makes my eyelashes look long, dramatic and keeps them looking natural. It’s a good value for the price and great for everyday use.
While I like all of these mascaras, my favorites are the first two mascaras. As I said earlier, the Lancome mascara is a phenomenal volumizing mascara and the L’Oreal mascara is the best mascara that you can buy without breaking the bank. Personally, I like to use both of them and tend to use them more often than the other brands that I have.
Which mascaras have you used that you like?