A woman’s work is never done. Haven’t we all heard that expression a thousand times? Women today, work, raise a family, take care of the home and have an endless list of chores that never seem to get done. With all of this responsibility, it’s no wonder that we’re stressed out today. Here are some stress relief activities that we can do to keep ourselves sane and at ease.
- Exercise- Even if you don’t get to work out every day you should still get some sort of physical activity into your routine. Besides keeping your heart healthy and becoming more confident in your looks, exercising, walking and jogging are all natural stress relief techniques.
- Drink some Herbal Tea- If you want to start with your morning coffee, that’s fine. However, as you go towards the middle or end of your day, substitute your caffeine with some non-caffeinated teas. Get some herbal stress relief from chamomile, peppermint or any wide variety of teas.
- Read a Book- One of the greatest stress relief activities of all time, reading can transport you into another world where you forget all of your problems. Be sure to make sufficient alone time when you do this because it won’t be helpful if the family is running around the house and screaming while you’re trying to focus.
- Socialize- Be sure to make time for your friends. While it’s easy to get lost in all of your responsibilities one of the greatest anxiety and stress relief of all time. When your with your friends, you tend to laugh which is good because not only does laughter raise your spirits, but it releases endorphins which is a stress reliever on its own.
- Listen to Music- Whether you like rock or classical music, just put a cd and let yourself go with it. Sing along, dance and let it all out. You can find stress relief music online that’s soothing and can help you relax.
- Get A Massage- One of the most popular stress relief methods there is, a massage helps to take out the knots and release the tension in your body. You actually feel lighter and looser after a full body massage and so you feel less stressed.
- Sleep More- We try to fit in so many errands during the day that our to do list tends to run into the late hours. Try going to bed earlier or laying down in the middle of the day for fifteen minutes and see how much more energy you have and how much more you can accomplish.
It’s imperative that we take care of ourselves and make time to do the things that make you happy and relaxed. I hope that these stress relief tips are helpful for you.
What do you do to relax?